One thing I noticed about being a Savvy Sistah is that I’m always ‘on the go’ so at times I don’t have time to eat breakfast. Of course it would be nice to just sit back every morning and let someone else make me a hot breakfast, but that’s not always the case. So away with the excuses, if you’re like me and you’ve looking for a hot breakfast that can be prepared in little or no time, then you should try this tasty breakfast burrito recipe.
- 12 slices bacon, diced
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1-2 tablespoons drippings. Add eggs, salt and pepper to drippings; cook and stir over medium heat until the eggs are completely set.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of egg mixture down the center of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese, onions and bacon. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling. Wrap each in waxed paper and aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen burritos: Remove foil. Place waxed paper-wrapped burritos on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave at 60% power for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 20 seconds.