Make these delicious Bonbons and give them out as gifts, or hand them out to guests at your holiday party!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups smooth cashew butter*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1 pound (16 ounces) semisweet chocolate,** chopped or chips
- Chopped nuts, cocoa nibs or sprinkles for garnish
- Equipment: pretzel, wooden popsicle or lollypop sticks (optional)
- In large bowl, combine butters, vanilla and salt using electric mixer. Add sifted confectioners’ sugar one cup at a time, whipping to fully incorporate. Dough will be fluffy but firm; chill briefly if sticky.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Insert pretzel or stick three-fourths of the way into each ball; place on parchment-lined baking sheets; refrigerate at least one hour or overnight.
- Place chocolate in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 30 seconds on high, stir and continue to microwave in 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring after each until chocolate is melted and smooth. Dip pops in melted chocolate up to the stick, allowing excess chocolate to drip off; sprinkle or dip bottom of pop in garnishes and return to parchment-lined baking sheet to allow chocolate to set or refrigerate pops briefly.
- Store pops in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Recipe Courtesy of: FabulousFoods.com